Hose Pipe Ban
With effect from April 5th there is a hose pipe ban planned for our region. Keep updated on the following website, for rules and regulations around the ban.
The following details are from the www.hosepipeban.org.uk website, which lists more information regarding this issue and the penalties which can be incurred.
The activities listed below are not allowed under the ban:
• Watering a garden using a hosepipe
• Cleaning a private motor-vehicle using a hosepipe
• Watering plants on domestic or other non-commercial premises using a hosepipe
• Cleaning a private leisure boat using a hosepipe
• Filling or maintaining a domestic swimming or paddling pool, except by using a hand held container filled directly from a tap
• Drawing water, using a hosepipe, for domestic recreational use
• Filling or maintaining a domestic pond using a hosepipe, except where fish or other aquatic animals are being reared or kept in captivity
• Filling or maintaining an ornamental fountain, except where an ornamental fountain is in a fish pond
• Cleaning walls, or windows, of domestic premises using a hosepipe
• Cleaning paths or patios using a hosepipe
• Cleaning other artificial outdoor surfaces using a hosepipe