Thai Chicken & Cashew Nut Salad
• 500g chicken fillets, cut into thin strips
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 lettuce chopped
• 1 spring onion
• ½ red pepper, cut into thin strips
• 6 mint leaves, torn
• 20g coriander leaves
• 20g toasted cashew nuts
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 teaspoon castor sugar
• 1-2 small red chillies, finely chopped
1. Dressing: combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan.
3. Stir fry chicken in batches for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan.
4. Combine the chicken with the dressing while still warm and toss with the lettuce, spring onion, mint, red pepper, coriander and cashew nuts.
5. Serve immediately.