Car Tax Rules Recent Changes

Every vehicle registered in the United Kingdom (UK) must be taxed if used or kept on a public road.

If the vehicle is kept off-road it must either be taxed or have a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) in force. If not it could be wheel clamped or removed.

Using or keeping a vehicle on a public road

A public road is a road maintained at the public expense, including grass verges and ground adjoining the road.

This applies to all roads around quarters at RAF Marham.

If you have any doubt about an area where you want to park your vehicle, contact the SCSO or DIO Thetford.

All vehicles that are used or kept on a public road must be taxed and must display a valid tax disc at all times.